Section 0031

     She didn't say much, just nodded, opting to nibble at the last scraps of bread in the basket over her still half–eaten entree. She groped at the wall behind her head and switched off the light. 
     And you'll be disappointed when I tell you I am not Jean. The plants filled the place, a forest of them, with nasty meaty leaves and stalks like the newly washed fingers of dead men.

     And so begins a series of prodigious, costly and futile legal actions.

     The best part of it all is that I am not obliged to wait until I die. I stay by myself and meditate.

     I'm not kidding.

     These were new waters. Lady Venus on the settee of the horsehair sea! In this area, things are very complex. It is certain that I cannot always distinguish my own thoughts from those I read, because what I read becomes the very substance and texture of my mind—the highest star. I am everything and urgent. 

     You should have been there, I said to her. I was a very poor impersonator of myself in public.
     Then why...
     We make certainties out of an incubating cloud of doubts.

     This isn't the first time the high art/low art lines have been blurred. During the beat of this story you may find other beats. It's all one.